Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Country Music in California

Last Friday night, Kristy invited me to join her and David for a country music concert in San Jose. Unfortunately, Eric was on 24-hour call at the hospital. Kristy, who is from California, has always joked that she should have been born in the South. She loves country music, too. I've been to a lot of country music concerts in Arkansas, Texas, and Tennessee, but I've never been to one in California. Needless to say, I was curious about the venue. We went to the Rodeo Club in San Jose to see Gloriana. Surprisingly, it felt very "country" once we walked into the club. There was country music, line dancing, and mechanical bull riding. The concert was also great. I really enjoy hearing live music. David doesn't really listen to country music, but I think he still enjoyed it. I kept telling him all sorts of country facts- like what is a pearl snap shirt and who Chris LeDoux is. Overall, it was a good country and "western" night on the West coast.

Neat fact- At the concert, I realized that one of the girls in Gloriana is Cheyenne from the old MTV show, "Cheyenne." Anyone remember that one?

Me, David & Kristy

Gloriana

Kristy's pink cowboy hat from Nashville and my cowboy boots

No comments:

Post a Comment